Georgia Men’s USA Gymnastics Rules & Policies
Seasonal Athlete Registration Fee
- A fee of $10.00 per athlete is due to GA Men’s USA Gymnastics for every competing athlete in Georgia. The deadline for this annual fee is November 30 each year. An additional late fee of $5 per athlete will be applied for fees submitted after the posted deadline. Not paying head tax may jeopardize participation to State Championships.
- A competition held in the State of Georgia must be submitted to the State Committee to be added to the state calendar. All rules & policies apply to any competition held in the state regardless if it is placed on the calendar or not.
- Competitions must be submitted by the last Friday in June to be added to the upcoming season calendar.
- All competitions must follow USA GYMNASTICS RULES & POLICIES.
Competition Head Tax
- Each meet hosted in the State of Georgia is subject to a $2.00 per gymnast for an invitational and $4.00 for state Meet.
- Payment must be sent to State Chairman no later than 72 hours after the end of the meet. Not paying head tax may jeopardize participation to State Championships.
- Make check Payable to Georgia Men’s Gymnastics
- Send Payment to: Georgia Men’s Gymnastics
c/o David Pomerantz
2620 Springbluff Ct
Buford, GA 30518
- The PTF file must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the end of the competition.
- The file should be named accordingly (i.e. “Peachtree Men’s Invitational 2020”)
- Competition Location
- Bids must be submitted to the State Board by the published date.
- The Board will only accept bids utilizing outside facilities.
- The Board will award the State Championships to an organization whose bid provides the highest quality competition for the athletes and who has experience hosting a men’s gymnastics competition.
- Once the bid is awarded, the host organization is responsible for all functions of the competitions.
- The State Board reserves the right to provide input and guidance.
- All registered Georgia athletes are eligible to attend the State Championships.
- Entry/Qualification Deadline
- The 2020 State Championships will be held Friday-Sunday, March 6-8, 2020.
- Athletes must be entered and paid for the State Championships three weeks prior to the competition. The 2020 deadline date is Friday, February 14.
- An athlete is only considered entered in the meet after his name is registered with the Meet Director and valid payment is received.
- Entry Fees
- $100 per athlete (JO)
- $125 per athlete (JE)
- $60 per Team level
- $100 for Level 5 and 6 Team Finals per team
- A $100 late fee will be assessed per club for entries not received by the published date
- Age Divisions
- Levels will be as determined by USA Gymnastics. Age groups with more than 24 athletes must be subdivided into two smaller divisions named Junior and Senior.
- An athlete’s age for the season is based upon their age as of May 31 of the State Championship year.
- Individual and Team awards should be distributed to a minimum of 30% of the athletes participating in each age division.
- Individual medals must be purchased from A-1 Awards at 1-800-444-9569.
- Team awards must be approved by the State Committee
- Spectator Admission Fees
- Adult (13-65) – $10
- Children (5-12) and Seniors (over 65) – $4
- Military – $4
- Children (under 5) – FREE
- Competition Schedule
- Capital Cup format must be used.
- As deemed appropriate by the host organization and approved by the State Board.
- All Levels 4 – 10 including the Technical Sequence and Level 5 & 6 Team Finals must be included in the schedule.
- Level 5 & 6 Team Finals
- The top 6 Level 5 and 6 teams will compete in Team Finals to be held as the final session on Sunday.
- The host organization is responsible for all expenses pertaining to Team Finals.
- The entry fee of $100 per team per level is due at the Team Finals meeting that will be held immediately following the respective Level 5 and Level 6 session.
- A team not present at the Team Finals meeting will forfeit their teams place in Team Finals and the next team listed on the results will b e awarded the spot.
- Teams can compete up to 5 athletes on a given event with the top 3 scores counting towards the team score.
- High School Competition
- Athletes in Level 8 or higher that attend a Georgia High School are eligible to participate. These athletes will compete against each other regardless of USAG level.
- These athletes will compete in their usual session but their scores will be utilized to rank them against other participating high school athletes.
- If there are three or more boys from the same high school, they are eligible for the team competition.
- Awards will be given to the top 2 finishers per event and top 2 teams.
- Awards will be provided by the State Committee.
- Qualifying to Regionals
- The Allotment Form is due to the State Chairman by January 15.
- This information will be used to determine the number of athletes eligible to qualify to the Region 8 Championships.
- A gym that does not turn in this form by the required date, will void their athletes opportunity to attend the Region 8 Championship.
- Academic Awards for athletes will be presented at the State Championships. The deadline to submit the application is February 1.
- Nominations for the following voted awards are due by February 15.
- Voting will take place online (one vote per club) with a deadline of February 28.
- Athlete of the Year
- Compulsory Coach of the Year
- Optional Coach of the Year