Georgia USA Gymnastics Men’s Board Meeting
July 18, 2017
Meeting was called to order by State Chairman Felippe Mendonca. In attendance were Felippe Mendonca, Chris Wise, Christophe Voisin, David Pomerantz, and Andrei Kousznetsov. Kevin Earney and Luca Mendonca were not able to attend the meeting.
Region 8 updates –
- There will be a monthly conference call for the Regional Board to assist with communication between the region.
- The last conference call discussed creating a Warm Up and a list of Technical skills for the Elite Teams. Yuri Kousznetsov (GA Elite Team Coach) was a part of this call.
- Judges fees – The Regional Committee wants a single fee structure for the entire Region. They are working with the Regional Judges Committee to create the fee structure. JO, National & FIG will remain as the three different levels of judges’ compensation and is based upon the listed ratings.
- Proposed – Georgia competitions will have a Meet Referee in addition to the usual 6 judges. The Meet Ref will walk around during the competition and evaluate random routines to maintain judging consistency. The cost for the Meet Ref will be split 50/50 between the Meet Director and the GA Judges Association. The Meet Director has the right to decline a Meet Ref. Second – Chris Wise. Passed Unanimously.
- The Georgia competition schedule for 2017-2018 is open for competitions. Email Felippe Mendonca (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Christophe Voisin (email@example.com) to have your competition listed on the state calendar. Only Georgia Clubs and Businesses will be allowed to have competitions listed on the GA State Calendar. Competitions will be listed per weekend on the Georgia State Calendar on a first-come, first-serve basis. Deadline for a competition to be posted is Friday, 8/18.
- The Georgia State Championships will be held the weekend of March 24-25, 2018. The Bid Form to host this competition is posted on the Georgia website (www.gamensgymnastics.com). Bids must be submitted to Felippe (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, 8/18. The Georgia Board will review all complete bids that are submitted in a timely manner and vote on the recipient of the competition. Incomplete bids will not be accepted.
- The Region 8 Championships for Optionals will be held in Jekyll Island, GA for Level 8-10 athletes. The Compulsory championships have yet to be determined.
- Regional T-shirts for athletes that qualify to Regionals will have the cost of the shirt added to the Regional entry fee. The total amount (entry fee plus t-shirt fee) are due at the State Championships. No late payments will be accepted. Coaches t-shirts will be FREE.
- The Georgia State Clinic, for all Compulsory athletes will be held on Saturday, 9/9 or Sunday, 10/10 at a location yet to be determined. If you are interested in hosting this educational event, please contact Felippe. A National Clinician will lead the clinic to educate all Georgia coaches and athletes.
- State Academic Award GPA has been raised to 3.5. The cost to the parents for the award is $10 with the deadline of March 2, 2018.
These minutes are submitted respectively by David Pomerantz on July 24, 2017