Georgia Men’s Gymnastics Board Meeting
August 20, 2018
Meeting was conducted via JOIN ME where attendees included:
Felippe Mendonca, Chris Wise, Kevin Earney, Andrei Kouznetsov, and David Pomerantz
- We need to raise the state head tax to keep our account positive. It is currently $5 and Felippe suggested to raise it to $10 – Unanimous vote in agreement
- The State Meet entry fee is designated by USAG at $100. We charged $10 last year for the Regional shirts and came up short. Suggested to raise the t-shirt fee to $15. If a club does not want the t-shirt for Regionals they do not have to purchase. Regional meet t-shirts – Chris Wise will organize – Unanimous vote in agreement
- Felippe asked if we need to increase the membership on the Board or should we keep it at the current five members – Board unanimously voted to keep it the same
- State Meet – March 9-10
There were two bids:
- Savannah – Islands YMCA at Islands High School. The Board confirmed that the square footage listed on the bid form is strictly for the gymnastics area only. Spectator seating is additional area.
- Roswell – Felippe using Roswell Booster Club @ KSU or Riverside Military Academy
Board voted to award the State Championships to Islands YMCA
- Championship dates:
- April 4-7 Optional Regionals – Gainesville or Dalton????
- April 13-14 Compulsory Regionals – Savannah (Islands YMCA ???)
- April 30-May 5 – JO Nationals – Reno, NV